Improve the efficiency and availability of IT resources and applications through virtualization. Start by eliminating the old “one server, one application” model and run multiple virtual machines on each physical machine. Free your IT consultants from spending so much time managing servers rather than innovating. About 70% of a typical IT budget in a non-virtualized datacenter goes towards just maintaining the existing infrastructure, with little left for innovation.
An automated datacenter built on the production-proven VMware virtualization platform lets you respond to market dynamics faster and more efficiently than ever before. VMware vSphere delivers resources, applications—even servers—when and where they’re needed. VMware customers typically save 50-70% on overall IT costs by consolidating their resource pools and delivering highly available machines with VMware vSphere.
- Run Multiple operating systems on a single computer including Windows, Linux and more.
- Let your Mac run Windows creating a virtual PC environment for all your Windows applications.
- Reduce capital costs by increasing energy efficiency and requiring less hardware while increasing your server to admin ratio
- Ensure your enterprise applications perform with the highest availability and performance
- Build up business continuity through improved disaster recovery solutions and deliver high availability throughout the datacenter
- Improve enterprise desktop management & control with faster deployment of desktops and fewer IT Support calls due to application conflicts
ESXi is a “bare-metal” hypervisor, meaning it installs directly on top of the physical server and partitions it into multiple virtual machines that can run simultaneously, sharing the physical resources of the underlying server. VMware introduced ESXi in 2007 to deliver industry-leading performance and scalability while setting a new bar for reliability, security and hypervisor management efficiency.
Thanks to its ultra-thin architecture with less than 100MB of code-base disk footprint, ESXi delivers the industry-leading performance and scalability of ESX with several additional benefits:
Improved Reliability and Security
With fewer lines of code and independence from general purpose OS, ESXi drastically reduces the risk of bugs or security vulnerabilities and makes it easier to secure your hypervisor layer.
Streamlined Deployment and Configuration
The API-based, partner integration model of ESXi eliminates the need to install and manage third party management agents. You can automate routine tasks by leveraging remote command line scripting environments such as vCLI or PowerCLI.
Simplified Hypervisor Patching and Updating
Protect your business with vSphere, the most trusted and reliable virtualization platform in the industry. Ensure high application availability with vSphere’s built-in business continuity features and get the confidence that only policy-based service level management can provide. VMware vSphere Kits provide everything you need to get started.
High-Performance Server Virtualization
- Record-breaking performance for resource-intensive workloads
- Ability to configure virtual machines with up to 8 virtual CPUs each
- Advanced virtual machine memory management capabilities including the all new memory compression feature
- Support for 64-bit server hardware with up to 256GB of physical RAM
Security and Control
- Integrated network security and firewall protection for virtual machines
- VMware Msafe™ security APIs for third-party security products
- Role-based access control and integration with Microsoft Active Directory
- SSL encryption for secure remote access to vSphere hosts
Broad Hardware and Software Interoperability
- Compatibility with the widest range of server hardware in the industry
- Certified integration with Dell, Fujitsu Siemens, HP, IBM, NEC, and Sun servers
- Certified support for SATA, NAS, iSCSI and Fibre Channel storage equipment
- Support for broadest range of 32- and 64-bit x86 server operating systems
- Ability to run any standard software application without modification
Back to Solutions…