Using an app called Air Display, currently available for iPad/iPhone and Android tablets / Android phones. You can easily use your tablet or phone as an additional monitor for your PC or Mac. The application runs over your wireless network and allows you to run your device in landscape or portrait mode. As with all additional displays you can mirror or extend your computer desktop to the external device.
This is great for:
- Fill your tablet screen with your utility apps, like messenger, twitter etc…
- Put your tool palettes on the tablet screen.
- Hand a client a mirrored display while you work at the laptop / pc.
- Office: Carry your extra monitor down the hall to a meeting.
- Use your device as a touch screen monitor to interact with your pc and programs.
In order for Air Display to work your computer and device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.